Friday, November 27, 2009

we should just be thankful for being together. i think that's what they mean by "thanksgiving", charlie brown.


After another piece of pie, I yet again feel too lazy to do anything. I'm really glad I gave pumpkin pie a chance because I happen to enjoy it...with loads of whip cream on top, that is.

I wish as many casting calls that are posted in LA would be posted in Austin. Either there is a lack of casting calls, or there is a lack of casting calls that fit my description. If only I were 5'10" or 25 or bilingual...or a man. If I was a 5'10", 25 year old, bilingual man, I'd be in luck. Maybe I should get over their "descriptions" and submit anyway. Maybe I can give them a whole lot of 5 foot 3 inches that they'll love.

...but maybe not.

I've resorted to Craigslist. It's sketchy, and scary, but maybe there will be something. I plan on dragging Whitney to auditions I am not 100% convinced are legit anyway, so I'll be okay. I did respond to a listing for a spokeswoman, and because I didn't think, I didn't think about the fact that I would actually have to test a product in order to be a spokesperson for it. I'll cross that one off my list because it's some sort of weight loss supplement, and I don't even want to go there. Then again, I'm also crossing $1500 off my list as well.

I went to see New Moon today with my sister. Yeah, yeah, I don't want to hear it. It has become such a huge cultural phenomenon that I think I should be well aware of it. Plus, I'm an actress; it's my job to watch movies...good and bad. The casting for Bella just really angers me. I congratulate Kristen Stewart for booking such a huge role, but seriously, you're telling me there was no one who acted the role better? She's the same awkward, moody girl you see in real life, so where's the acting? I guess you could blame the directing, but each movie is being directed by someone different, so I wonder why there are so many similarities. It just frustrates me because you can never fully understand how this business works...why some people get cast when others don't...why some are given that big break when there are thousands of others who probably deserve it more. I mean, I'm not worried...just frustrated. ;)

Black Friday serves as a day solely to remind me of how little money I have and how even less money I will have once I graduate. I was fully ready to sit in line at 2 in the morning to nab some of the great deals they have going today. I've been saving my money from work, so that I could buy an SLR and/or a laptop on Black Friday. I could have bought one of them, but after countless times of hearing how I need to save my money, I decided against it. The real world sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment