Saturday, December 5, 2009

GIVE 'EM HELL, GIVE 'EM HELL, NEBRASKA SUCKS!

I'm about to watch the Big 12 Championship game. If UT wins, they will continue their undefeated season and play in the national championship game against...well, it looks like Alabama, and not the team that the most worshiped quarterback leads (Florida).

I have really taken the initiative to get my career going; it is exciting, scary, and stressful all at the same time. This past week I got new head shots taken by a photographer who is just now starting up his company. He is building his portrait portfolio, so I was his guinea pig and got them taken FO' FREE. We took them outside in the freezing weather, but I guess that's the price you have to pay. I don't know if I got exactly what I wanted, but he offered to have another photo session with me. For now, they will have to do. I am either too critical of my photos, or I just need to resort in blowing the $500. I can't think of it as blowing; this is my career, my life for the next 40 years (or whenever I decide to retire). It's just so hard to do when I can't afford to lose that much cash. I can't afford that at all. Josh may also experiment with me in a studio...at least to get my commercial shot. This is the theatrical shot I chose. What do you think?

I have lined up some work for this upcoming week before I leave Austin. Tomorrow I have an audition for an independent feature, Monday I have an audition for a professional theater downtown, Thursday/Friday I'm hoping I can commit to a paid extras call for Friday Night Lights, and Saturday and Sunday I may do some unpaid extra work. I was also notified about auditioning for a short film sometime in the next two weeks. I have been checking casting calls daily from all of the websites I know, and I am diligently searching for any work to add to my resume...and maybe eventually to my paycheck. Once next semester starts I don't know how much time I'll have to do this until the main stage show is over. We had two readings of the script this past week, and I am excited! But it will be a lot of work and time once rehearsals start in January, possibly six days a week of rehearsals and costume fittings and eventually tech rehearsals and the performances! Whew! It's making me excited if I can really start thinking of myself as a working actor.

The game is about to begin. HOOK 'EM!

No comments:

Post a Comment