Monday, November 22, 2010

almost thanksgiving...

I went with my friend, Kelly, tonight to take some Refugee kids to McDonald's. Here are some photos of them...so cute!





These four kids are from Burma. I can't believe how well they speak English! It's so impressive to me when kids know more than one language...and how quickly they can learn them!

Now onto the rest of my post...

I can't imagine being a psychiatrist. How can anyone have their stuff together well enough to advise other people on their own messed up issues? The human mind is too complex for its own good, and no one can be considered "normal". Well, how can one crazy person have the ability to advise and sort through another crazy person's mind? I'm not saying psychiatrists don't help people because many people swear by them. But I am just wondering how someone has the authority to be a psychiatrist. When we are all crazy.

My emotions and thoughts are all over the place, as always. I swear I change my mind 5 million times a day. And how I feel about my decisions and thoughts. If that makes any sense. I want to start living moment to moment and only worry about what is making me happy in that very moment. It is difficult for me because I'm constantly fretting over what I've just done or what I have to do. I get anxious over the smallest things that any sane person wouldn't care about in the least bit. And I'm not exaggerating...in the least bit.

But ANYWAY, I have never been as excited for Thanksgiving as I am this year. Normally I'd rather just skip straight to Christmas. But I think this being my first holiday as a non-student is going to be really good for me. I just hope I don't have any moments of boredom where I can ponder my life. Or else I will have to fill the time with baking tons of delicious holiday treats. :)

The rest of this post got deleted, so I am having to rewrite it. -__-

Now on to acting...I took a workshop this past Saturday with a casting director I have never worked with before, and she gave me both a compliment and critique while watching playbacks of our cold readings: she said she doesn't know me well but can tell that I have training and am good...I am just relying on my acting "tricks". I need to work towards living honestly in the moment, and I couldn't agree more. This is what I have been working towards the last two months in my acting class on Meisner. It is just frustrating because I have been taught by many professors...and many professors have a more mechanical approach to acting. I think the mechanical...ness is rubbing off on me. I am not blaming anyone else; what I do is ultimately because of me. I just have to be patient that it will happen for me. I want to just be. I know I can do it and that I will do it. But it takes a lot of work. Or maybe the problem is I am working too hard...?

Oh, I finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife today. I didn't have work today, so I stayed in bed with a glass of eggnog (delicious) reading it until I finished. I've already seen the movie, but still, it is so sad. This story always makes me so depressed. But it's so good. I'm just sad that I've already finished it. I hate ending good books. I also tried yoga for the first time today...kicked my butt! I honestly didn't think it would be this difficult for me as it was! We will have to see how this goes.

Well, I don't have work again tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get to see Harry Potter tonight. Then filming Knife, Fork, Spoon tomorrow night and heading home for Thanksgiving Wednesday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment