Monday, February 15, 2010

build me up, buttercup baby


I enjoy baking because it gives me such an easy sense of accomplishment. There is no other thing that can make me feel so successful so quickly. Not only do I feel the rewards of baking when I come to the end product, but I don't have to face pressure during the baking because the pressure is all on the recipe...and not me. I also don't have to consider whether someone is lying to me when he/she says my cupcakes are delicious. If they keep eating the baked goods, I'll know they like them.

I hope that made sense.

I have to keep things like baking in my life in order for me to stay sane. The rewards of acting only come after audition after audition after audition when someone finally casts you, and you spend several weeks of rehearsing, and then maybe at the end you'll feel accomplished...but maybe not. You have to trust your feelings about your performance, or you can trust what other people think about the performance. Some may hate it, some may love it, so who is telling the truth? Why is it so subjective? Why can't everyone think my performance was just as delicious as my cupcakes?

Of course, I haven't even begun to embark on the huge journey that lies ahead of me. But, it'll start with getting my headshots taken...by a professional photographer. I think I've made that decision. It may be the best decision for my career even if it won't be the best decision for my bank account. I looked up photographers in Austin, and I know someone who told me about her good experience with one.

My show opens this Friday through Sunday. I am excited for my friends and family to see me in it because it is different from the past shows they have seen me in. And after Sunday, I'll be able to focus on auditioning for films and building my resume, as well as figuring out my Spring Break plans.


2 comments:

  1. Break a leg this weekend! im so excited to see your show! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could never admit that anyone's baking is better than mine, but i always love watching you perform. so you win that one I GUESS.

    ReplyDelete