Monday, February 22, 2010

bittersweet


My last college show ended on Sunday. After a busy opening weekend, with a performance Friday evening, two performances Saturday, and a matinee on Sunday, I was exhausted and happy to have finished the run. But the thing about theatre is...once it's over, it's over. You rehearse for weeks, putting so much time and work into the show, you perform it a few times, and that's it. If somebody didn't see it, he/she missed his/her chance. Even if it premieres on Broadway and has a revival years later, it will never be the same show. So to all my friends that said they were attending...and didn't...you missed out. It is sad to think that I'll never be "Jilly" again.

Now it's time for some nice rest and relaxation. Maybe. I finally scheduled headshots with a professional photographer for this upcoming Sunday. I'm so worried about how they will turn out, so I need to do a lot of planning beforehand to figure out my wardrobe, hair, and makeup for my four looks. Let's hope these land me an agent.
On my busy Sunday, which included waking up at 8am to eat breakfast with my brother, his fiancee, their baby (who I have only seen once...a year ago...when she was 3 weeks old), and my sister, performing at the matinee and evening shows of Blue Point, I also auditioned for a UT directing workshop in between. It was for a scene from Away We Go, a movie I have fortunately seen and very much enjoyed. I hope I get cast because I need more "film" to add to my resume and more material for an eventual reel.

Sunday was nice because I felt like I finally had a break...well, after I woke up late and rushed to the theater to make it to my call time. But after the final performance, and resting on the couch watching 16 and Pregnant, and Whitney taking me out to dinner at the new 24 Diner to celebrate the end of the show's run, I slept and didn't worry about having to do anything. I almost forgot that I still have to go to school, and that realization sucked. But I have a few months of school left...forever...so I can drift through the rest of the semester, focusing on auditioning for films and getting an agent before I'm thrown out into the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment