Monday, December 6, 2010

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas

I think I started my Christmas hype too early. I started before Thanksgiving, and now I don't feel like it's even Christmas time anymore. For instance, today my manager brought in a few miniature Christmas trees and other decorations, and I thought to myself "Why are you bringing these in so late? They will be up for such a short time before you have to take them down." But then I realized that today is only December 6th, the beginning of December, and Christmas is three whole weeks away. I guess that is what happens when you celebrate Christmas for two months.

On another note, in relation to my last post, I worked out five, yes FIVE, times last week. I am really proud of myself for even waking up Saturday and Sunday morning to get in a workout before I went on with the rest of my day. I'm upping my time on the elliptical, but I'm letting myself slack in other areas. Must.keep.up.

I read Audrey Hepburn's Wikipedia today. Why? Because I spend too much time on Facebook, and a friend posted the link for some reason. I wish I had grown up in Britain and trained in ballet and painted and was cultured like her and (how I imagine) every European is. Unfortunately, I am not. My culture is watching The Real Houswives (of New York, New Jersey, Orange County, and Beverly Hills...not a fan of D.C. and Atlanta...but I digress) and checking Tumblr updates. I hate that everything is so centered around the internet, and that I spend countless hours a day on it. I get the irony here.

This weekend I will finally get to see a few of the film projects I worked on this semester. I am excited, and wary, because I self-critique like no other and also fear that others will think I'm a sham and can't actually act. But I need to stop self-depracating, because I had a great acting workshop this weekend and actually feel a lot better about myself.

I wish I could stick to one topic, or theme, in these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment